The 2022 Central Oregon Pro-Am Brewing Challenge
The Central Oregon Pro-Am Brewing Challenge paired homebrewers with commercial breweries to craft unique beers and compete for top honors at a people’s choice judging. This fun event was organized by the Central Oregon Homebrewers Organization (COHO) and is intended to bring together the Central Oregon brewing community.
This non-BJCP sanctioned homebrew competition was open to Central Oregon residents only. Winners brewed their recipe with the pros at Central Oregon commercial breweries. The resulting "pro-am" beers took over the taps at Boneyard Pub on November 5, 2022. Proceeds were split between COHO and a charity selected by the winner.
Congratulations to Chris Harper & Seth Klann for Winning the 2022 Central Oregon Pro-Am!
- 1st Place - Chris Harper's Peach Berliner weisse, Fruit Wagon (Mecca Grade)
- 2nd Place - Tim O'Brian's Imperial Stout, Demon Star (Porter Brewing Co.)
- 3rd Place - Troy Whiteid's Irish Red Ale, Irish I Had More (Boneyard Beer)
2022 Homebrew Winners & Brewery Pairings
- Bobby Guzman (Spage Lingerie, American Pale Ale) || Bevel Craft Brewing
- Troy Whiteid (Irish I Had More, Irish Red Ale) || Boneyard Beer
- Chris Campbell (4/4/2002, British Golden Ale) || Initiative Brewing
- Mike Elderkin (Belgian Tripel Threat, Belgian Tripel) || Monkless Belgian Ales
- David Feldman (Foggy Rather Groggy, Hazy IPA) || Crux Fermentation Project
- Tim O'Brian (Demon Star, Imperial Stout) || Porter Brewing Co.
- Remington Holcomb (Centennial Pale, American Pale Ale) || Spider City Brewing
- Ben Keough (Altered Stadt, Altbier) || Deschutes Brewery
- Chris Harper (Peach Kettle Sour, Berliner Weisse) || Mecca Grade Estate Malt
- David Feldman (Lawn Boy, Rice Lager) || Wild Ride Brewing